Sunday, December 12, 2010

12 Dec 2010 New Beginnings

This morning I drew the following runes: Ehwaz, Raido, and Odin. 

Ehwaz is the rune of movement.  In my case, there was a lot of movement in my day.  I did a lot of baking for a party that I am hosting tomorrow night, I visited with two friends whom I haven't visited with in a while, and I caught up with my boyfriend.  One of the conversations I had involved this blog.  I have encouraged this friend to explore runes, tarot cards, and other oracles to help her deal with some rough patches in her life.  My experiences with the runes has helped me with trying times.  She encouraged me to write so she can gain familiarity with the runes.  The other phone call involved catching up with a very close friend.  We commented about the strangeness of me not being at home and how this time of year is just plain weird in that respect.  Typically, we bake pies together and host a Christmas party together.  Not this year.  As you can see, there was lots of movement in my day!

The second rune, dealing with my health, was Raido.  Raido traditionally dealt with journey, communication, reunion/union.  In the Healing Runes, it also addresses surrender.  I haven't talked to my boyfriend in almost a week.  This may seem strange to you, however, it is normal (when things are going well) for our relationship.  We have always communicated well with each other.  Today's conversation addressed some shared interests and I gained understanding about some happenings in the last 5 months.  As a result, I was able to voice my frustration and hopefully surrender that past experience.  I understand why it happened and recognize that it may happen again.  He's aware of my reaction to the event and hopefully will keep that in mind.  Things are right in the world again.

The third rune, addressing my relationship with myself, was Odin.  Odin is the rune of mystery, "blank is the beginning; blank is the end."  Deciding to write this blog and explore the questions I have about the runes combining to be a three or a four-rune spread is definitely a beginning and an end.  The beginning in that I have never written about my experiences privately, let alone publicly.  And the end of the old.....

Tonight's final rune is Nauthiz reversed.  Nauthiz represents pain, constraint, and necessity.  I am reminded that in its original sense it meant to udergo something.  I am also reminded to practice restraint and to not take this world personally.  As a healing rune, Nauthiz addresses shame.  Perhaps I am at a place where I can heal my feelings.  Which may be the case, remember I voiced my frustrations?  You have to recognize what is wrong before you can right the wrong.  In light of my relationship with myself, Nauthiz reminds me to acknowledge my limitations and those of others.  These are not set in stone, we can learn from them and turn them into strengths.  Of course, new limitations will follow behind the old.  That is okay.  We have to have limitations to keep us in check.  And, sometimes, the things we see as strengths are our limitations.

Perhaps the take home message for me today is that I don't live in a vacuum and every person I come into contact with will present limitations that I can choose to accept or ignore.  I should not take every little thing personally, especially when it hurts but was not intended to hurt.  Pretty big message...........

No comments:

Post a Comment