Tuesday, May 3, 2011

3 May 2011

Ehwaz, Sowelu, and Nauthiz guided my day.

Ehwaz is the rune of movement.  The movement isn't solitary, it is in tandem such as the horse and rider.  It indicates new shifts in either physical locations or mental and spiritual being.  Today, I registered for a seminar that starts next week and runs for 11 days or so.  I am looking forward to the seminar, the speakers are all leaders in their areas of business.  I also looked at two opportunities for continuing my education.  I will be pursuing them more.

Sowelu brings the Sun's energies and with it, provides a mode for compassion.  The hardest person to have compassion for is your self.  The second is those closest to you.  The funny thing is, they both go hand in hand.  When you show compassion for yourself, it reflects onto your partner or family members.  I am the most critical of myself.  I know people close to me would say I am critical of them; however, I get the brunt of my worst criticism.  I took steps today to change that.  After Sunday, which was a defensive day, and yesterday that was sort of a lick-your-wounds day, today was a day that felt empty but there was something just waiting up ahead for you to stumble upon it.  I found the tail of that thing.  Now, I need to work my way up to the head to see what it is and what it brings to my life.  I am hoping for balance and clarity.  Mostly balance.

Nauthiz is need, pain, and constraint.  My need is to find balance.  My limitations are reflecting my closed stature.  The closure is a boundary that I erected a long time ago.  I don't know if it ties back to a hurt or several hurts.  I know I can't move forward with any sense of happiness unless I find balance.  That balance must come from my core.  The journey begins!

Uruz reversed points towards the task tonight for tomorrow.  Uruz is strength, it is the aurochs.  I must reclaim my strength in faith that my actions will bring me balance.  Part of that strength is the willingness to release that portion of my self that needs to be let go of so I can replace it with an affirmation (or many).  Gratitude to that self for its lessons and help in getting me to where I am.  And support of my self and those whom are closest to me so I can achieve that balance and not impact them unduly.  A heady challenge (or is that headly?)!

No comments:

Post a Comment