Thursday, February 3, 2011

3 Feb 2011

The week of listening continues...  Scheduling meetings and attending meetings.  Mitigating, or learning how to mitigate.  I am certainly learning!

Uruz, Isa, and Algiz offered their advice for today. 

Uruz reversed reminds me to listen to my surroundings, to watch for signs.  Signs that someone I know may not be a "straight shooter" and an indication that I will have to make a decision that will test my strength and abilities in my new life.  I am reminded to keep an open mind.  To consider all sides and make a decision that will make sense and solve the issues.  A challenge!

Isa is the rune of Ice.  Ice is an element of a frozen world and humans are not entirely comfortable in a world of ice, in fact, there is fear involved.  There are many fears in my life: getting too close; exposing my Self too much; my creative life; and my professional abilities.  All of these fears visit on a daily basis, some more than others.  Today was focused upon my skills and abilities in my professional life.  When handling a conflict that has been inherited and involves "he said, she said," what resources are available to guide me to a success?  It is time to consult all the training materials I have obtained over the years to see what they have to say.  Listen, keep an open mind, pay attention to any triggers that present themselves, keep an open mind, and do my best to solve the problem diplomatically without setting a precedence or providing an easy way out.

Algiz is the rune of protection, a double edged sword especially when it comes to mutual trust.  Trusting too much or too little leaves you exposed to someone else.  Blindly trusting is always dangerous; however, trust should be given until it is no longer appropriate.  Too little trust can leave you vulnerable to make solid relationships with others.  Take the time to build a good, strong foundation of trust.  Doing so will make it easier to have a strong partnership.

Thurisa is tonight's task.  Patiently wait to cross the threshold.  Review the events of the past.  Embrace them, bless them, thank them, let them go.  Gather the wisdom available to you.  Compromise with the need to rush forward and the need to slowly approach the next phase of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment